Buying a new home or renovating your current home is one of the biggest decisions you will make. You want to do it right. Using a CHBA-LR member helps with that decision. Members commit to following the Association's Code of Ethics which provides you the peace of mind that members know the building code and know business. You will be supported by your home builder or renovator throughout the process.
Canadian Home Builders' Association - Code of Ethics
- Members shall comply with applicable building codes of Canada as a minimum standard for construction and shall work towards its improvement in the interests of structural sufficiency, safety and health.
- Members shall plan their sites and homes to conform to the principles of good community planning and support for the environment.
- Members shall deal justly with their employees, sub-contractors, and suppliers of all goods and services.
- Members shall deal honestly and fairly with their customers and stand behind the quality of their work and service commitments.
- Members shall exchange information and experience, and encourage research on materials, technical advancements and building techniques in order to provide the best value for their customers.
- Members shall avoid all conduct or practice detrimental to the house building industry, to the Association, to the good name or reputation of any of its members, or to customers.
- Members shall commit to continuing learning through human resource policies and practices, including employment practices which treat employees as assets.
- Members shall actively promote health and safety principles.
- Members shall treat their competitors, including their property and ideas, with respect.
- These responsibilities are freely and solemnly assumed and form part of an obligation as members of the Canadian Home Builders’ Association.
The Canadian Home Builders' Association is "the voice of Canada's residential construction industry", representing more than 6,000 member firms across Canada.
CHBA - Lethbridge Region is your local representative for the residential construction industry in South Western Alberta.